Saturday, November 24, 2012

Step by Step

Lately, I've been receiving amazing messages in surprising ways.  Each has to do with living life to its fullest as we receive it.  After singing with my church choir in a public concert a few weeks ago, a portion of the lyrics and melody continued to play over and over again in my head.  It took me a good week to realize that the lyrics weren't a nuisance, but rather, held an important message for my life:  "Step by step you'll lead me and I will follow you all of my days."  I tend to project forward, but these lyrics have helped keep me grounded in today.  My wonderful husband also held words of wisdom for me a couple of days ago.  I heard him say over the phone to a loved one that none of us knows what we're doing, but we do our best as we go along; life's an experiment; and when you learn to discern what you can and can't control, life gets easy.  Then, while talking with a dear friend, I heard her say about the sudden illness of a young relative that such experiences remind us to live in the moment.  I am grateful for these subtle and not-so-subtle reminders that life is indeed a gift and if we live with intention, moving step by step with gratitude, letting go of our worries, life gets easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.