Thursday, May 30, 2013

Book in Hand

I love to read.  If I don't have at least one book around me, I feel restless, as if something is dreadfully wrong.  Recently, a friend told me of a 90-year-old man who reportedly reads a book a day and has done so for years.  I can't compete with his prolific reading abilities, but a book is my great companion every day.  Now that we've gotten beyond the Memorial Day weekend, that unofficial start to summer, I will find every opportunity to read in the sun porch, at the beach, in my big comfy chair, in bed, at the kitchen table, on the couch.  My summer reading list has been started and my list of holds at the local public library is ever-growing.  The long, lovely season of summer is just made for quiet reading time, time to ponder and time to simply be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.