Thursday, May 9, 2013

Posies and Plants

I love the tradition of May Day and May baskets.  Our doorbell rang early on May 1 and who should be standing there but our friend Charlene with a May Day gift for Larry and me -- a beautiful purple pansy wrapped in a purple bow.  Later that morning, my friend Kitty emailed that she had some perennial plants to share.  When I arrived at her home, I found that she didn't just have a few plants to share with me; she had enough to fill two large bags.  At this time of year, especially in the northern climes when we seem to wait forever to get our hands dirty in the warm soil, May Day surprises, such as those we received this year, are especially welcome.  On that particular May Day, nothing could have been nicer than gifts of blooming posies and plants that gave me an excuse to finally get out my garden trowel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.