Friday, May 24, 2013

Mom's Day

Today would have been my beloved mom's 87th birthday.  She and I always relished having May birthdays.  May weather is usually comfortable, not too cold, not too hot.  The earth is greening up and blossoming.  And as a kid, it meant that summer was nearly here.  Since I grew to adulthood, Mom and I frequently shared our birthday celebrations with a shared dinner and cake.  We discontinued giving birthday gifts to each other at one point and chose instead to share experiences because we saw giving memories to each other had a greater pull than giving things.  So, as May moves quickly along, I celebrate it as Mom's month and today as Mom's day.  Today and always, I will relish all of those shared May birthdays and precious shared experiences that continue to enrich my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.