Friday, June 14, 2013

Solo Flights

I had the pleasure of watching a TED video on the Internet the other day featuring author Susan Cain and her February 2012 presentation about "The Power of Introverts."  I'm not exactly an introvert.  I think I probably qualify for what Ms. Cain called ambiverts, those who are somewhere in between extroversion and introversion.  I love my alone time, but too much time devoted to solo flights of thought is simply too much of a good thing for me.  Lately, I've been dividing my time between action and contemplation.  The quiet and solitude have been gifts to my otherwise busy head.  But, I'm also grateful for the opportunity to toggle back and forth between my solo flights of thought and interaction with others whose energy gives my own wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.