Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Apple Season Has Arrived

Larry and I started driving by Ski Hi Fruit Farm about three weeks ago.  I was getting antsy for apple season to begin.  The sign said that the first crop would be ready Labor Day, so on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, my friend Kitty and I ventured onto Ski Hi Road.  It was still quiet at the orchard store, with Paula Reds and Ginger Golds for sale.  I heard a clerk tell a customer that if she called the orchard's number, she'd hear a message telling which varieties of apples were available each week of the season.  I happen to like Macoun and McIntosh apples best, but will buy just about any variety, for they all have their virtues.  Biting into a Paula Red grown right at Ski Hi was a treat beyond measure.  I grew up near Ski Hi, so anytime I head there, I feel as if I've gone home.  And every time I bite into one of their delicious apples, I recall a lifetime of memories of juicy, sweet and tart goodness.  Ah!  Apple Season has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.