Sunday, September 1, 2013

Weight/Wait of Life

Our pastor spoke of the weight of life one recent Sunday.  I thought about the term and then thought of how it could also be the wait of life (same pronunciation, different meaning).  Either way, each of us likely has experienced the weight or wait of life.  In the first instance, we are bent -- or sometimes broken -- by the weight of our responsibilities, sorrows, worries, fears and challenges.  In the second instance, we are plagued with impatience as we wait for news, be it good or not.  I think of the times when I have been ill and waiting to find out if the diagnosis was cancer or not.  Those were times of the weight and wait of life.  Lately, I've been experiencing the latter, as if I'm in a holding pattern, waiting for the right thing, the clearer path to be revealed to me.  While the weight of life can be unbearable, I've found the wait of life to almost be the opposite.  When I let go and trust, there is no weight in my wait.  There is only goodness, growth and gratitude to be found along the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.