Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Best of Show

My good friend Kitty is a masterful quilter.  Her creations always astound me, for she is meticulous in her design choice, her color and fabric selections, and her work with a needle.  I, on the other hand, feel more comfortable admiring than trying my hand at such a huge task.  When Kitty suggested that we take in the recent Quilt Expo in Madison, I jumped at the opportunity, for it would give me an opportunity to ooh and ahh at the talents of even more quilt artists.  And that we did.  We slowly followed the snaky route in and out of curtained walls, designed to allow us to see the more than 200 quilts entered for competition.  With so much talent, so much diversity, so much beauty, how could one ever select a Best of Show?  Yet, there was a winner selected, along with numerous others that received recognition in their various quilt categories.  We were handed a ballot to make our own favorite selections, but alas, my little purple ballot came home with me, for I simply couldn't select my favorite.  Just when I'd think I'd selected it, another beautiful entry would catch my eye.  It's a good thing I wasn't asked to seriously judge them, for they would have all received Best of Show!

1 comment:

  1. Its really too bad that they make it a compatition as I have learned it not the quality of the product but the love and the accomplishment of the person that did it and just going a person can learn a new tichneick or where to find a new supplier of material in my mind in any show there are no lsts 2nds or 3rd just a great appreciation of the persons talents
    Ned

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.