Monday, November 25, 2013

Quiet Time

My life tends to be quite busy these days and I am grateful for the opportunity to enjoy such busyness.  Whether it be my employment, my freelancing career, my volunteer work or my time with Larry and friends, my to-do list is usually quite extensive, longer than I should try to pack into a single day.  However, the other afternoon, I had the opportunity to carve out important time to sit quietly with a friend who had recently come home from the hospital.  Our quiet time together was intended to help my friend, but in reality, it was even more beneficial to me.  It was during those moments of silence, that precious time to be (for which I named my blog), that I truly focused on the present, relaxed my thoughts and refreshed my mind, body and soul.  During this season of giving, perhaps one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves is quiet time, time to simply be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.