Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Why Did The Chicken Cross the Road?

I feel as if I've been living and reliving the old saw, "Why did the chicken cross the road?  To get to the other side."  First, Larry and I were on a back road recently when a chicken crossed in front of our car.  A few days later, I was driving along on a road near Devil's Lake when a wild turkey darted out in front of my car, giving me very little, but, thankfully, enough time to brake.  A few evenings later, Larry spotted a deer moments before it would have become a hood ornament on our car. Then of course, there are the myriad squirrels and chipmunks always scurrying across the street or road.  Every single day, I'm crying out "little squirrel!" to some furry creature that seems to taunt me with its middle-of-the-street antics. In the spring, ducks appear to wait until my car comes along before they waddle across. We've even been known to stop for a turtle, a raccoon, a woodchuck and a snake, each attempting to make it across the road.  One truly has to be a defensive driver when it comes to wildlife deciding that it is time to take a hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.