Sunday, November 17, 2013

Unexpected Gifts

Two Fridays in a row, I have ended my work week in unexpected and appreciated ways.  Both times, I've visited a local storekeeper who has showered me with a hug one week and a bonus item in my bag the next.  Although to the shopkeeper, the gestures may have been small, to me they were huge expressions of grace and caring.  It got me to thinking about how I might provide such unexpected gifts to others.  When we give of ourselves, even in the smallest of ways, the difference can be immeasurable to the receiving party.  The generous, compassionate storeowner has given me more than a hug and a bonus item.  The shopkeeper's gift has given me every reason to pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.