Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pink Skies

I love to watch the early morning sky.  When all is still and the day is unfolding, there is nothing so lovely as the dawn.  One recent morning, I found myself unable to move away from the kitchen windows, for the sky was a radiant shade of pink.  How could one have a bad day when it starts out with such majesty, beauty and tranquility?  Now that Daylight Savings Time has returned, I have to stand at the window a little later than normal in order to take in daybreak, which interferes some with my preparations for my workday.  However, whenever I can, I will breathe in every moment of the break of dawn, for it holds promise, hope, joy and new beginnings.  Some may sing of "Blue Skies," but these days, my song is about those amazing, beautiful and life-giving pink skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.