Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Angels Watching Over Us

As I went to bed the other night, I noticed two small white moths perched on the outside of our bedroom window.  The light from the moon and the backyard security lights illuminated them as they rested on the center pane of the large three-pane glass.  They were so still and so lovely that I called Larry to the window to observe them with me.  The two of us took turns studying the delicate, little creatures, their opaque wings, their minuscule bodies.  Larry is not one to utter religious or even spiritual talk, so I was quite surprised when his last words of the night before we closed our eyes was that the moths were there as angels to watch over us.  With those gentle, affirming words, I ended my day, watching the two white moths on our window until my eyes grew heavy and my awake-thoughts were transported away.  I fell asleep smiling, happy with my place in the world, grateful for my gentle and kind husband by my side, and secure in the thought of having two angels watching over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.