Sunday, September 8, 2013

Time to Be...Published


My late mother, Barb Naidl, and I were so close that people always expected to see us together. When they didn’t, they inquired about the well-being of the one not present. Mom and I were so close that I used to describe us as taking the same breath.  So when Mom was diagnosed with end-stage cancer a couple of years ago, my world reeled.  During the final months of her life, in an effort to temper my grief, I began to write in a small journal.  I set a goal of writing one short essay about joy each day.  My goal of one daily essay was quickly realized and turned into multiple short essays about finding joy in everyday experiences.  Each essay forced me to live in the moment.  After Mom passed away, I started writing my daily essays in this blog that I call Time to Be, a phrase taken from a quote by the late Gladys Taber, my mom’s favorite author.  I have now published an electronic book based on my blog.  Time to Be:  A Seasonal Almanac of Short Essays About the Extraordinary Joy of Ordinary Moments is a collective of selected blog posts, presented as a series of essays divided almanac-style by the seasons.  The e-book of approximately 150 pages is available on Amazon for $2.99.  Thank you for reading my writings and for your support of the notion of living in the moment and embracing the blessing of time to simply be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.