Monday, September 23, 2013

Blooming Beautiful

A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of touring three gardens with my Aunt Ellie.  All three were lovely, but I was particularly taken by one that was nestled along Lake Michigan.  This hidden treasure revealed magnificently landscaped floral beds, pruned trees, edged walkways, a perfectly mown expanse of lawn and a spectacular view of the lake.  If I could create the perfect vacation for myself, it would consist of touring historic homes, museums, art galleries and gardens, lots and lots of gardens.  Whenever my friend Kitty and I have taken a garden tour, I get nearly giddy with anticipation of what we will see, smell and experience.  And so it was with my recent garden visit along Lake Michigan. Many thanks to Aunt Ellie for knowing that our little garden tour was the perfect way to spend a delightful afternoon together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.