Sunday, September 22, 2013

Falling For It Again

I'm a summer kind of person.  I love the warmth, the light, the greenery, the farmer's market, the outdoor activities.  Yet, on this first day of Autumn, I find myself falling for Fall once again.  I always think that I'll cling tenaciously to the last vestiges of summer (and perhaps I do), but once the leaves start changing, the apple orchard is open, the acorn squash and gourds are at the farmer's market, and the air has that crisp touch to it, Fall has a way of getting my attention and pulling me right in.  Already, I'm seeing signs of the leaves changing color, with a brilliant red tree dotting the landscape here and there.  There are conversations about the number of acorns and pears this season as possible signs of a harsh winter to come.  I'm pulling out my sweaters from the back of the closet and thinking about any winter work that needs to be done around our condo.  It's that bright, beautiful, bountiful time of the year and, once again, I'm falling for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.