Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Green Routine

I puttered with some plants by our front entry one recent evening, preparing pots for annual plants and moving sedums that had overwhelmed certain spots but had avoided others.  It's still a tad too early in this climate to plant annual flowers because spring in Wisconsin can hold many surprises -- warm and sunny one day, threat of frost the next.  No matter the weather, no matter the calendar, I still needed to plant and get my hands dirty.  There is satisfaction in such quiet pursuits.  I should have been fixing our supper, but thankfully, Larry had encouraged me not to hurry when he saw me with trowel in hand.  The minutes stretched and we were both hungry when I finally came inside.  But getting to dip my kind-of-sort-of green thumb into the soil was worth every hunger pang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.