Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Joyful Noise

It's been over two years since I last sang, other than the hymns from the pew each Sunday.  But, today, I had the opportunity to make a joyful noise once again.  My friend Charlene selected a piece of music, "Make a Joyful Noise," for us to sing as an a cappella duet at church.  I love to sing with Charlene.  She has a happy, vibrant countenance and it shows in her music.  She is definitely the brains behind our a cappella endeavors.  I just need to show up with my voice.  A professional musician and choral director, Charlene has the knowledge and skill to select just the right music and she often makes recommendations as to how we can maximize each piece.  I bask in the experience of singing with her and learning all that she has to teach and share.  This musical experience was healing for me.  After two years of being consumed with personal illness and the illness and passing of my mom, it all pretty much but silenced the song that was in my heart.  But, today, I knew I was ready to make a joyful noise once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.