Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wild Bunch

I must admit that I was a little disappointed and felt even a tad guilty.  It seems that within hours after cutting lilacs from the bush outside of our kitchen window, they began to wilt.  I'd been lured by the song of their fragrance, wanting the pleasure of capturing a bit of it indoors.  I'd been moved by the nostalgia of having lilac bouquets all over our house when I was a girl.  But, I'd forgotten how ephemeral they are when snipped from the stem and brought inside.  Perhaps some things are meant to be enjoyed where they are, where they can flourish and be their true selves.  Having access to them is better than trying to own them. The lesson for me: To possess something is far less important than to simply appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.