Friday, May 11, 2012

New Horizons

I recently read a book by Faith Baldwin, Face Toward the Spring, in which she refers to the joy that a writer experiences when what she writes touches but one reader, when the writer and reader find a common belief or thought.  Over six months have passed by since I started writing this blog.  While I figured that the act of putting my thoughts down would be the benefit of this exercise, I have found that it is your comments to my posts, your suggestions for future post material, your sharing and reaching out, and your recommendations that are truly the gift.  The writing is creative catharsis for me, but the conversation with you is a blessing I hadn't imagined at the onset. As Faith Baldwin wrote, "The final reward is the reader...who shares with the writer...and perhaps, through a sentence...goes beyond the thought expressed, and so finds a new horizon."  Thank you for continuing to expand my horizons and for taking this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.