Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Milestone

Tah-dah!  This is my 200th blog post! And what better day to achieve such a milestone than on May 1, the first day of what I consider to be the most glorious of the 12 months!  'Tis May Day!  No, not the warning that ships give when in distress.  I mean the day when May baskets are given and when those of us in northern climes say "Hurray for Spring!" and wish we could find a maypole anywhere to dance around!  How many of us remember giving and receiving May baskets?  The object was to move ever-so-quietly and swiftly and surprise the recipient by placing a little basket of flowers and treats by his or her door.  Such anonymous gifts always pleased this recipient.  Alas, I haven't given or received a May basket in eons.  That quaint idea has likely fallen out of fashion.   Wouldn't it be fun to resurrect the notion of giving May baskets again, just to bring a smile on the surprised recipient's face, just to bring sweet joy to someone's day?  So, as I personally celebrate the milestone of my 200th blog post today, I'll contemplate the loveliness of May and May basket memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.