Tuesday, July 24, 2012

LIV42DY

My friend Mike and I pulled up to church at the same time one Sunday this summer.  As he got out of his car, I noticed his license plate, LIV42DY, and I commented on it.  He said that it had been his late wife Barb's license plate and he wanted to keep it.  We both noted how such a message was so much like Barb, who embraced life with joy, engagement and gentleness, and how important that message is for us all to remember every single day.  So, for the remainder of that day and for days to come, I thought often about Barb's great advice to live fully today, to be present to all that each moment has to offer.  Thank you, Barb.  I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.