Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mix Carefully

I was recently invited to a shower for a young bride-to-be.  Each guest was asked to provide the young woman with a recipe.  While I could've dug through mine and written down one for anything from Apple Bars to Zucchini Bread, I decided to offer instead a recipe for A Long, Happy Marriage:  Ingredients:   Equal parts love, communication, kind words, devotion, loyalty and encouragement with a pinch of patience, a tablespoon of tolerance, and a dash of good humor.  Directions:   Mix delicately and carefully, so as not to cause any lumps.   Allow to simmer, never to come to a boil. Well worth the extra time and effort.   Rich and satisfying!  Serves: Abundantly!  As I composed my "recipe," I realized that it is one that requires constant effort in order to get it right.  And no matter how many times I mix the ingredients together, it's still a work in progress for me. 







1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! I would double up on the humor and add a sprinkle of humility - best served with a warm heart :)

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.