Monday, July 2, 2012

These Lazy Days

Summer days are meant for lazing around.  I'm one of those who faithfully follow a to-do list and pride myself in getting things done. However, unlike in the winter, my summer to-do lists hold less power over me.  Summer has a way of luring me to the rocking chair in the sun porch to read a good book, feel the breeze, contemplate, and listen to the bird chatter.  And now that July's here -- the heart of the summer, I'm increasingly inclined to while away the hours, doing absolutely nothing constructive whatsoever.  I've been taking some randomly scheduled days off from my job this summer in order to write. I've spent my fair share of hours at my laptop, but across the room, I can see that rocking chair in the sun porch and can practically hear it calling me to take a little rest. That "little rest" easily turns into a couple of hours of reading, thinking and snoozing. Oh, well!  My to-do list will wait.  Meanwhile, I just love these lazy summer days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.