Sunday, August 26, 2012

Night Sounds

I had some things on my mind one recent evening and found myself wide awake at about 1AM.  Rather than toss and turn and possibly wake my husband Larry, I decided to get up and sit in the rocking chair in our sun porch.  With the windows flung open, I was able to feel the gentle night breeze, watch the moths dance around the dusk-to-dawn light and hear the glorious night sounds.  The crickets were chirping like crazy.  Soon, the cares I had been carrying so heavily into the night were replaced with a feeling of relaxation that led to a smile.  During our prolonged heat spell, when even the midnight temperatures were above the norm, I missed the summer night sounds that I would otherwise enjoy.  I'm so grateful to have had that experience recently, rocking in the rocking chair on the sun porch, soaking up all that was beautiful that summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.