Monday, August 13, 2012

The Scent of Barb

While talking with a friend recently about cologne, I recalled how our family's good friend Barb wore Emeraude.  She had a lovely vanity in her bedroom where she lined up her colognes and perfumes.  One that she wore often was Emeraude by Coty.  The spicy, yet flowery scent was rich.  I recall sitting at the little stool in front of the vanity's mirror, thinking that when I grew up, I wanted to be just like Barb and wear Emeraude.  My mom loved cologne and always wore some lovely scent or another.  I, on the other hand, am a complete bore, opting anymore not to wear any cologne or perfume at all.  But, a part of me is still that same little girl, admiring Barb's line-up of colognes and perfumes and thinking that the epitome of womanhood and femininity was to wear Emeraude, so I could be just like Barb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.