Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Harrumph

The times, they are a changin'.  On that traditional of days, Thanksgiving, I thought I'd catch a little bit of the Thanksgiving Day parades on television.  I always loved watching the parades on TV, from a child on.  Perhaps it was the time I chose to watch, but most of what I saw on two different networks had to do with celebrity interviews and watching snippets of Broadway musicals performed on the street.  Occasionally, I remembered I was tuned in to a parade when I saw a big balloon or a band or a float, but they seemed to be incidental to the on-camera festivities.  Harrumph.  I finally turned the channel and landed, of all places, on one featuring Looney Tunes cartoons.  I settled there for a moment, trying to find something that allowed me to feel like a kid again.  Harrumph.  Alas, Looney Tunes cartoons have changed, too.  Porky Pig, Daffy Duck and all of the others carried the latest in cell phones, talked about changing batteries on smoke detectors, and discussed what made for a healthy meal.  This old lady finally turned off the television and took a walk outside where the dark cloud over my head dissipated with every breath of fresh air.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to watch the parade on CNN online, but only got visuals, no audio, so I'm with you . . . harrumph!

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.