Saturday, December 29, 2012

With the Angels

This month has been marked with an unusually large number of people I knew who have passed away, many of whom around the Christmas holiday.  Some were newer acquaintances, some were old friends, some were relatives. While my heart has been heavy with so much loss, I find solace that these fine people, people I knew, people I cherished are now at peace, no longer suffering from illness.  As we sang Silent Night at church on Christmas Eve, I internalized the words even more deeply this year:  "All is calm, All is bright...Sleep in heavenly peace, Sleep in heavenly peace."  My human sadness will continue for a bit as I resolve the loss of these special people in my life, but I will also be grateful that my life was touched and made better by them.  And now, where all is calm, all is bright, they sleep in heavenly peace, forever with the angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.