Saturday, December 15, 2012

Rising Sun

Have you noticed the beautiful sunrises lately?  A couple of weeks before my mother-in-law passed away, she sent Larry and me a most lovely note on a very pretty Dayspring notecard.  I will cherish that note from her for the rest of my days.  The cover of the card features a quote from a minister named Max Lucado that begins "Next time a sunrise steals your breath...."  I must admit that sunrises frequently take my breath away and those I've been enjoying of late have been particularly spectacular.  I don't know if it has to do with the starkness of a winter sky, but the early morning horizon has been radiant with color and vibrancy.  I recently read this prayer:  "Thank you, God, for this morning as I watched the blazing sun through a wintry sky." My body is still on Daylight Saving Time, so I tend to rise early and get myself ready for work earlier than normal.  In so doing, I have this great opportunity morning after morning to see the blazing sun rise through the wintry sky.  What a wonderful way to start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.