Monday, December 31, 2012

Time Marches On

I enjoy receiving a newsletter from our local Aging & Disability Resource Center.  It's always chocked full of helpful hints and useful information.  One article in the latest edition, written by Steven B. Cloud, was about time.  According to Mr. Cloud, as we view the new year, we'll perhaps see it as 12 months or 52 weeks or 365 days.  But we can also see it as 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes or even 31,536,000 seconds.  It's one thing for me to refer to a year or months or weeks or even days, but when I do the math and see next year as hours, minutes or seconds, time takes on an entirely new meaning.  How will I use this precious gift of those hours, minutes and seconds in 2013?  How will I be a good steward of my time, living each moment with intention and gratitude and not squandering it?  As I get older, time marches on more quickly.  All the more reason to make each moment count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.