Thursday, August 8, 2013

All Ears

Juicy, crunchy, sweet and hot.  Larry and I are enjoying our first week this summer of corn on the cob.  And because I tend to buy so extravagantly at the farmer's market, I decided to buy a dozen ears while I was at it.  Every evening this week, our meals have been accompanied by an ear of corn each.  And such a treat it has been.  Since my drive into the country a couple of weeks ago, where I could see the stalks towering around me on both sides of the road, I have been "all ears," anticipating that glorious moment when I could bite into some locally grown corn.  Despite the messy splatter of corn juice on my glasses and the kernels that invariably get caught between my teeth, I can't seem to get enough of the taste of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.