Friday, August 2, 2013

Sliver of Colors

The rain came down gently, then a little harder, then at a steady pace for quite some time.  So, instead of venturing out for my walk, I sat in peace in the rocker in the sun porch, and listened and watched.  As the rain quieted down a bit, I looked south and saw a sliver of bright colors, a bit of rainbow peeking out of the sky.  The colors were so vibrant that I couldn't take my eyes off of them.  My days as a Rainbow Girl (a Masonic organization for young girls) reminded me that the rainbow's colors matched the acronym ROY G BIV: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.   Seeing a rainbow is a magical moment, for as quickly as one appears, so it disappears.  That little sliver of colors brightened the sky and my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.