Thursday, August 15, 2013

La Resistance

If I had my way, life's changes would happen more slowly and subtly.  I spend useless time trying to resist change when it seems to come at too fast of a pace or with too hard of a knock.  I was thinking about my reaction to change when I picked up the latest edition of Natural Awakenings magazine.  Tucked inside was a short article by Renee Peterson Trudeau that featured ways to "navigate the challenges of just being human."  One of her tips was to cultivate stillness through meditation, prayer and contemplation.  Another was to be present to what is happening now.  She suggested that if we even temporarily curb our tendencies to change things, we find that we're exactly where we're supposed to be.  I'm taking her words to heart.  Change will be change, but flow is far less taxing than resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.