Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Breathless

Beautiful things often make me feel breathless, as if life is standing still and I'd better soak it up as much as possible before taking that next necessary intake.  Such was the case last week when we attended the weekly concert on the square on our courthouse green.  Larry and I had taken a walk and were late arrivals to the crowded concert.  As dusk settled in, the Madison Mellophonium Jazz Orchestra's Big Band music, complete with a smooth-sounding singer, gave way to one of those enchanting moments that left me feeling breathless.  The breeze was so slight that the tree canopy overhead seemed to bob to the music.  I looked around me at the picturesque retail square, the vintage lampposts lit, the majestic courthouse in the background and I felt completely content, that I was right where I was supposed to be, enveloped in loveliness and in music to take my breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.