Thursday, August 1, 2013

Talking to the Man in the Moon

A week or so ago, there was a beautiful full moon.  It was also a night when I had difficulty sleeping because I had much on my mind and the thoughts simply wouldn't quiet down.  So, I lay awake, looking at that big, bold full moon out of our bedroom window.  I spent quite a long time staring at it, letting my thoughts "talk" to the ol' man in the moon.  He didn't answer me back, but he was certainly a good listener.  The minutes, then hours ticked by and finally sleep came.  I must have exhausted my entire conversation with the man in the moon, for I fell asleep not even realizing that I had ended my talk with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.