Friday, August 30, 2013

Oh, Vinegar!

It's not easy to find white vinegar on the grocer's shelf these days.  It's canning time.  Anyone making pickles is buying gallons of white vinegar as soon as it's displayed.  That does not bode well for me.  I use white vinegar to boost my homemade laundry detergent.  I use it to clean toilets.  I wipe the wood laminate floors with it.  I clean the bathroom showers and sinks with it.  I clean the kitchen counters with it.  Versatile white vinegar is my cleaning product of choice.  And right now, I'm hard pressed to find it.  My friend Jeanie told me that she and her dad are making jar after jar of pickles and have driven all over town to find enough white vinegar.  She had difficulty getting even three gallons of the stuff.  So, because of avid canners, I've resorted to buying all kinds of little bottles of white vinegar with the hope that they will last long enough before gallons of it are available once again.  The pickles will be delish, but my floors won't sparkle.  Oh, vinegar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.