Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bad Memory

I recently read a quote attributed to Albert Schweitzer: "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."  I had to laugh.  Isn't it the truth that we look back on life through rose-colored glasses, our memories skewed so that we recall the happier times and perhaps not the real times.  But, more seriously, I agree wholeheartedly that happiness and health are closely linked.  In the January 2013 edition of "Natural Awakenings" magazine, the Madison, Wisconsin edition's publisher, Danelle Pretasky, reminds readers that our happiness depends mostly on our health.  "There are so many health issues that can keep us from living productive and vibrant lives," she writes.  So, as I near the end of the first month of the new year, I continue to refine my health and wellness goals so that I can embrace my life with optimum health and the greatest degree of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.