Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tickled Pink

Winter offers the gift of later sunrises, late enough that I can stand in our kitchen window, mug of hot water (yes, hot water!) in my hands, watching the sun come up.  One recent weekday morning, I was nearly late for work because I stood in the window, completely captivated by the magnificent, pink sunrise to the east.  To say I was tickled pink would seem humorous and tongue-in-cheek, but in truth, I was happy just to stand in the window with my mug of hot water warming my insides, watching that awe-inspiring sight.  How can one begin the day in a bad mood when something as beautiful and breathtaking as a pink sunrise is right outside the window?  In celebration, I wore something pink to work and truly felt "in the pink" the entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.