Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Photo Finish

During the Christmases of my youth, my mom and her mother would spend one evening during our holiday visit sitting at the kitchen table, looking at old photos.  As a child, I couldn't imagine what was so fascinating about looking at the same old pictures year after year.  Now that I've added years to my life, I find myself doing the same thing -- looking at the same old pictures over and over and deriving great joy from it.  I have pictures of my parents as children, young adults, newlyweds and later as a family with me.  I have photos of Larry's family, of him as a young lad and of the two of us aging "gracefully" over the past 20 years.  There are photos of friends and photos of special events. I fondly remember good times and good people by looking at those pictures from days gone by.  They are picture-perfect gifts, memories that will stay with me forever.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely thoughts, Keri! It's so fun for me to find the blog of my ol' buscom bisky. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.