Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mad About Plaid

I have had a thing about plaid this fall.  I decided that I wanted a plaid skirt and plaid pants.  It didn't matter what colors or what plaid designs.  I just knew that I wanted plaid.  So, during my regular visits to my favorite thrift store, I had my sights set on plaid and, lo and behold, I found black, pink and white plaid pants (never worn, still with the tags - Might that mean something?! Is my taste too weird?) and a black watch plaid skirt (gently used, in great shape).  The price was right for each, so I grabbed them off the rack, tried them on, found that they both fit perfectly and brought them home to launder.  I've gotten a real kick out of wearing both since then. For some reason, wearing plaid in the winter makes me smile.  Wearing these "new" plaid items makes me think of my teenage years when I had red plaid pants, pink plaid pants and some plaid skirts that I had sewed.  It's all probably pretty silly, but I kind of like being mad about plaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.