Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bunny Delicacies

I look out the kitchen window and sigh.  The dwarf burning bush we've been enjoying outside our kitchen window for the past couple of years has managed to truly remain a dwarf specimen, thanks to rabbits that seem to find equal enjoyment nibbling on it.  I should have surrounded it by wire mesh last fall, but I thought it had gained enough momentum (like another dwarf burning bush just a few yards away) to maintain its size throughout the winter.  But, alas, that particular bush remains a bunny delicacy.  Everyone needs sustenance, so I can't be too angry right now, nor can I do much about it in January, but next fall, I plan to protect the burning bush so that it can gain some height.  Take that, you rascally rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.