Sunday, January 27, 2013

Muffled to the Nose

If you live in Wisconsin, you have to go with the topsy-turvy winter weather.  Following a December blizzard, we experienced a January thaw.  Then, we were startled to have sub-zero temperatures arrive.  It was during one of those startling moments recently that I was grateful to don my wonderfully warm coat, a long parka with a deep, fur-fringed hood.  When I pull up the hood and fasten it tight, one can only see my eyes from its depths.  On one of those recent cold, not-quite-yet-sub-zero days, I put on my great, long coat and pulled up the deep hood, wrapped a scarf around my face so that I was muffled to the nose and set out on a weekend walk.  It was amazing how warm I was, except for my hands.  One layer of gloves was simply not enough.  No problem!  I tucked my gloved paws into the sleeves of my coat and continued on my trek.  It took a bit to warm up after I got back home, but the fresh air had been intoxicating, even if my nose had been so buried that I couldn't smell the fresh winter air!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.