Thursday, October 31, 2013

Frighteningly Good


Tis Halloween when all is spooky and silly -- and often filled with sugar.  I used to love going trick or treating as a child.  There was some worry, back in the day, of razor blades found in apples, but otherwise, it was still considered a safe holiday.  In fact, the only threat to our well-being seemed to be the risk of sugar overload from the stash of candy we'd amass.  As for my costumes, I can recall dressing up as Cleopatra, a witch and a cheerleader.  Otherwise, my childhood costume choices are rather lost in the recesses of my memory.  I had a conversation with someone recently who told me about an elaborate facial makeup design one could create to make your face look like a jack-o-lantern.  I've seen photos posted on the Internet of children and adults dressed as witches, clowns, monsters and princesses.  Halloween offers the opportunity for young and old alike to stretch their imaginations and dress as someone else, all in the name of fun and candy. Frighteningly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.