Thursday, October 3, 2013

Going Around in Circles

From childhood on, I've seen life in circles.  Although taught to be a straight and linear thinker, I still see the world and time in circles.  For instance, now that we're into October, whenever I visualize it, I see it automatically at about 10:00 on a round clock.  Perhaps it's simply my way of seeing time pass, but when I heard my friend Alice talk about circles recently before a group of children and then show them images of circles in nature, it dawned on me that perhaps I'm really thinking in harmony with the natural world and the revolutions of the planet and of life.  So many things in the natural world are circular to my naked eye, such as the sun and full moon, pebbles, air currents, whirlpools and fruit. I believe our lives are circular in many ways, less about a beginning and an ending and more about the good energy we can become and share as we mature.  My life circle intersects with other circles and they become part of even larger circles that encompass ours.  For as much as I'd like to always think straight as an arrow in order to fit into this fast-paced world in which we live today, I'm rather pleased to see the world and my part in it more slowly and intentionally as a never-ending circle of possibility and connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.