Monday, October 21, 2013

Waltz of the Leaves

While in the car alone the other day, I decided to fill the silence with some classical music.  That particular day, it happened to be a beautiful waltz.  As I reveled in the lovely music, I realized that leaves were falling around my car in time to the music.  It was as if they were waltzing all the way to the ground and pavement.  There is a music to autumn.  Sometimes, it's quiet and restful in the rustle of the drying leaves or the soft crunch of them below your feet.  At other times, the music is loud and raucous through the vibrant colors of the landscape, from yellow to orange to red.  That day, however, it was a waltz, an elegant and magnificent dance of the leaves, swirling and twirling all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.