Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sing Them Away

A friend told me recently about her elementary-age daughter who loves to make music.  Despite her youth, she so enjoys singing and playing the piano that she has already discovered the positive power of music in her life.  When she and her mother had a conversation about worries, fears and cares, the little girl simply suggested that you should sing them away.  Lately, I've thought about a few worries, fears and cares, but when I have, I've taken the little girl's advice and sung them away.  Specifically, I've recalled the first stanza of a song that I learned in our church's children's choir so many years ago:  "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart.  I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, down in my heart to stay."  How can one succumb to worldly cares when you carry such a song in your heart?  Out of the mouths of babes:  Sing them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.