Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Twinkle, Twinkle

I'm a sky watcher.  It doesn't really matter what time of day or season of the year.  I just love to watch the nuances of the sky.  One recent evening, I stood at the kitchen window, admiring the moon, its glow through the clouds and two stars that twinkled, one on either side of the moon.  I could have stood there all night, for the scene was almost mesmerizing to me.  Last Friday, when Larry and I were walking at Devil's Lake, I noticed how exquisite the sky was, with its bluish-pink hue becoming more pronounced as the sun set.  On another evening, I noticed that the sky had that Halloween look to it -- bluish gray with puffs of black clouds.  Oftentimes, when I wake up in the morning, I watch the sun come up.  The bright red and orange horizon is just enough to tell me that it's going to be a great day.  I set my sights high as I glimpse the expanse of sky, with all of its brilliance and variety.  Watching the sky has become a daily -- and spiritual -- experience for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.