Monday, October 28, 2013

The More You Have to Do It

Recently, I received an email from Next Step Editing, featuring an interesting quote attributed to War of Art's Steven Pressfield:  "“Remember our rule of thumb: The more scared we are of a work or calling, the more sure we can be that we have to do it.”  I've been experiencing many new things over the past several months, from starting a new job to publishing an e-book to offering my freelance writing, research, public relations and consulting services to other businesses.  Admittedly, there has been a certain amount of uncertainty, but that uncertainty has been trumped by my deep knowledge that I not only want to do these things, I somehow have to do them, as if I'm being drawn to them.  An article in the October-November 2013 edition of AARP The Magazine suggests that we step outside of our comfort zones, despite how scary -- and/or exciting -- it can feel at first.  Taking the risk, listening to the calling and knowing that you have to do it can produce some of life's rewarding moments.  They are proving to be so for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.