Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cukes and Cabbage

Every magazine I read lately features at least one mouth-watering summer salad recipe.  I made one of my favorites -- a combination of cabbage, cucumbers and light dressing -- thanks to the latest items for sale at our local farmer's market.  Despite the rain, rain and more rain we've been having of late, the vendors have had a handsome array of kale, radishes, sugar snap peas, green beans, red potatoes, heads of cabbage, cucumbers and more.  With a little more sunshine and mild temperatures, we'll start to see an even greater array of produce.  Then, I can dig out all of those summer salad recipes I've been clipping and we'll enjoy feast after fine feast of locally grown, nutritious food while the growing season lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.