Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Living Inside Me

I read an interesting quote attributed to Grammy award-winning singer Lisa Fischer in the June 30, 2013 edition of Parade:  "One constant: I know who's living inside me.  I like her."  How many of us really know who is living inside us and like that person?  How many of us allow ourselves to be that person living inside of us without feeling compelled to be what others want us to be?  What is the price of being our true, genuine selves (or not)?  I've read that as we grow older, we become happier with life and content with ourselves.  Yet, I see article after article about how to cope with stress and how to find happiness.  As my husband Larry said, happiness is not about the destination, but about the journey.  It's how we frame our life's circumstances to see the blessings and the sacred moments, and how much we're willing to be our true, genuine selves, so that like Lisa Fischer, we can be assured that we know and like the person living inside us.

1 comment:

  1. It sure is easier to say I like who lives in YOU--but truly, I'm content with me. Most days. There's definitely room for growth and for change! Great think-maker, Keri!

    ReplyDelete

Select a profile from the drop-down menu if you do not have a Google account. If you select Name/URL, enter your name. Comments may be moderated before posting.